Besides of thinking about the design and proper planning to achieve your dream kitchen, there are also a few tips that you need to have in mind. German Kitchen Design can guide you through every element of design to craft your perfect kitchen with all the information that you might need. Let’s have a look!
The right wall colour creates the tone and harmony of your kitchen
Colour have a powerful effect on the way we feel when we walk into a room. Certain colours can trigger different emotions, such as comfort, joy, or a soothing ambience. When planning your kitchen design, you always need to refer to the colour wheels to help you visualize which colours and tones will complement each other.
If you’re looking for a neutral-tone kitchen, grey, for example, is a timeless colour that works best with another dominant colour such as black. By combining these two colours, your kitchen will look modern, sleek, and luxurious.
Some people prefer an all-white kitchen. To avoid the communal space looking bland, you can combine the shades with woodwork and wood grain, which will instantly make the space appear warm and neutral.
On the other hand, if brighter shades are something you gravitate towards, it is best to use shades that complement each other in the colour spectrum instead of blending them with darker colour. Consider bright orange for accessories; not only will it brighten the space, but it will also instantly lift your mood when you’re in it.
Choose an outstanding and durable kitchen countertop for everyday use
Deciding on the perfect kitchen countertops is a hard choice considering that they are the focal point of the room. When choosing one, you need to decide based on your lifestyle and how often you use it. People with children tend to choose a low-maintenance but durable countertop, whereas some choose their countertop based on their personal aesthetic.
Regardless of your choice, you need to remember that this is a space that you will use on a regular basis, whether for preparing meals or for the whole family to sit and enjoy food together.
There are numerous materials available for kitchen countertops, but the most common ones are:
- Quartz Stone – It contains 93 percent natural quartz stone and 7 percent resin. Quartz is more durable and low-maintenance, all you need is simple soap and water to wipe clean the counter. It is also non-porous and can resist scratching and staining, but what is most impressive about it is that it has a consistent stone quality, which gives your countertop a more finished look. Quartz countertop however, cannot withstand high temperatures and putting a hot pan on its surface will risk damaging the countertop.
- Porcelain Ceramics – They are a very popular material as they are versatile and hygienic. Ceramics have an elegant but unique look, and they are cheaper compared to their counterparts in terms of cost. They are highly durable and heat/moisture-resistant; however, ceramics have an uneven surface and are prone to scratches. It can also crack if something heavy is dropped on it, and the grout joints between tiles can be difficult to keep clean.
- Granite – It is one of the most popular materials for kitchen worktops due to its natural beauty. With its unique pattern, it lends a stylish and luxurious feel to the kitchen, regardless of your sense of style. Granite is the perfect material for those who like to cook all day, as it is strong enough to take the heat of anything hot, durable, functional, and long-lasting. The downside of granite is that it can’t be repaired if it gets damaged, is porous, and needs to be sealed at least once every two years.
- Natural Wood Top –The natural feel of wood never goes out of style and is hard to beat compared to any other countertop material. Countertops made from real woods such as teak or oak create a charming, traditional look. If you’re looking for something more exotic, go for bamboo
One upside of having a natural wood top is that, over time, it gives character to the kitchen and is naturally resistant to germs and bacteria.
- Acrylic – A synthetic stone worktop that is also known as “Solid Surface Worktop.” It is highly durable and available in a variety of colours and patterns. It is not only at a lower cost, but it is also durable, easy to clean, and low-maintenance. What’s best about this material is that it is non-porous, so stains do not penetrate the surface, and it has antibacterial properties. It is also repairable, so when the countertop is scratched, it can be polished again to remove the marks. However, this must be done by professionals only.
- Laminate top – Laminates are plastic-coated synthetics made of high density chipboard. With laminates, you can choose your desired kitchen from matt, high gloss, honed, riven, standard and riverwash. It is popular in a midcentury modern kitchen design as it is affordable and easily installed without professional help . Their waterproof surface also makes them easy to clean in case of a spill, however it can be damaged by sharp or heavy objects.
- Marble – Marble countertop is a beautiful addition to any house as the gleaming surface looks polished and elegant. It also remains cool naturally which makes it a great surface for baking or cooking. Marble countertop will last long in your kitchen with regular keep and proper maintenance and sealing. However, marble is also porous and vulnerable to staining agents such as juice and oil.
There are numerous options when it comes to selecting the ideal kitchen countertop for your home based on your budget and intended use. It is best to consult with the experts, such as German Kitchen Design in what you have in mind.
Select built-in kitchen appliances that will fit perfectly
In every kitchen, there should be enough space to store electrical appliances and cooking equipment of various sizes. This will not only help to conceal your kitchen accessories, but will also make them blend in with the decor.
It is advisable to begin by selecting the electrical appliances and kitchen utensils that you want to use before construction. These appliances include an oven, sink, range hood, microwave, refrigerator, and other appliances. From here, you can start building in your storage area to fit the kitchen perfectly. Most importantly, when designing a kitchen, you should always take into account how it will connect easily to the electricity, water supplies, and waste water systems.
Choosing the right material for your built-in storage should also be considered carefully, as you need materials that are strong and durable. These materials should be able to support the weight of heavy appliances. If you use the wrong material, it will cause premature wear and tear.
Create special cabinets and drawers to keep cooking utensils organised
Keeping the kitchen tidy will also help in the creation of a beautiful and elegant image of the kitchen. In the early stages of drawing a dream kitchen, you should plan or ask the designer for advice on where to install the storage cabinet.
Most storage cabinets are attached to the kitchen wall for easy access, and it also helps to save a lot of space. The drawers, on the other hand, can be placed in various areas of the kitchen. You can hide drawers under the kitchen counter to store dishes, bowls, and cutleries that are frequently-used. Any space that you think will be extremely convenient for your daily use.
Choose an outstanding bright light to add modernity to the kitchen
Much more stunning with a light set controlled by a remote from German Kitchen Design.
Let you create an atmosphere in the kitchen with just one click
Cooking experience can be influenced by lighting! That is why selecting the right type of lamp for the kitchen, whether a wall light or a single light, is critical. For rooms with high ceilings, you can choose to use pendant lights with modern designs. It will add depth and elegance and also give the kitchen an interesting dimension.
But if the house ceiling is not very high, you may use spotlights mounted on the ceiling, which will then shine in the direction that requires brightness. It will help create a modern kitchen atmosphere as well.
Regardless of how elegant and modern your ideal kitchen appears to be, if there is a lack of design, material selection, and installation by people with specific expertise—who have a long history of designing premium kitchens—your fantasy kitchen cannot become a reality.
To make your dream kitchen come true, as you see fit, you should delegate the task of creating a space for your everyday meals to a true expert, such as German Kitchen Design.
German Kitchen Design, the experts to make your dream kitchen come true
German Kitchen Design is a kitchen design and installation company that partners with the largest kitchen manufacturer in Germany and Europe as a full-service consultant for all kitchen space needs.
German Kitchen Design distinguishes itself not only by offering products from high-quality brands, but also by helping you source appliances that need to be designed, delivered, and installed, completely within the range of your budget.
German Kitchen Design has a showroom on the 2nd floor of River City Bangkok that showcases VR experience technology—a virtual reality simulation. Their professional staff will assist you at every stage of your kitchen design experience.
Furthermore, German Kitchen Design provides a warranty of up to 15 years, which is more than the general warranty standard. Building your kitchen with German Kitchen Design is a good investment, indeed! Their products can be passed down from generation to generation without having to worry about premature wear and tear or time-consuming repairs.
If you are interested in German Kitchen Design’s services, please visit the website German Kitchen Design or the Facebook page German Kitchen Design.
มีข้อสงสัยเรื่องการตั้งครรภ์ หรือมีคำถามเรื่องการเลี้ยงลูกหรือเปล่าคะ? ติดตามอ่านบทความ หรือสอบถามสิ่งที่คุณอยากรู้ผ่านแอปของเราได้เลย
ดาวน์โหลด theAsianparent แอปพลิเคชัน ทั้ง IOS และ Android ได้แล้ววันนี้!